What Ximinox is used for?
Ximinox lowers high blood pressure. High blood pressure is also called hypertension. Ximinox works by relaxing the muscles of your blood vessels. This makes it easier for your blood to flow around your body and results in a decrease in your blood pressure. Ximinox is reserved for use in severe cases of high blood pressure where it is used in combination with other blood pressure lowering medicines. Your doctor may have prescribed Ximinox for another purpose. Ask your doctor if you have any questions about why Ximinox has been prescribed for you. This medicine is available only with a doctor's prescription.
Before you take Ximinox When you must not take it
Do not take Ximinox if you have an allergy to:
- any medicine containing minoxidil. Some of the symptoms of an allergic reaction may include:
- shortness of breath wheezing or difficulty breathing
- swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body rash, itching or hives on the skin. Do not take Ximinox if you have or have had any of the following medical conditions:
- phaeochromocytoma (a rare tumour of the adrenal gland, which sits near the kidney)
- pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure in the vessels of the lung) due to a narrowing of the valve between the main blood vessels from the lung and the
Do not take Ximinox if you are pregnant. You must not take Ximinox if you are not using any form of contraception and could fall pregnant.
Do not take Ximinox after the expiry date (EXP) printed on the pack. If you take this medicine after the expiry date has passed, it may not work as well. Do not take Ximinox if the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
If you are not sure whether you should start taking Ximinox, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.